Ammonia Absorption Refrigeration Plants
- Ammonia Absorption Refrigeration Plants
- Cold Storages driven by AARP
- AARP for Pasteurization of Milk
- AARP for Ice Production, AARP for Brine Chilling
- AARP on reciprocating engine exhaust, AARP on Reciprocating Engine Jacket Water
- Standalone AARP on Steam from Boilers or heat from process heaters
- AARP for Gas or Liquid fuel based Captive Cogeneration Plants
- AARP for Independent Power Plants
- AARP for Gas Turbine Inlet Air Cooling
Cold Storages driven by AARP
AARP for cold storages offers unique techno-economic advantages such as following
Conventionally cold storages are driven by Compression Cycle Refrigeration Plants. The rising electrically cost and poor availability of electricity has adversely affected the viability of cold storages. The cold storages for vegetables, agro-products, fish and meat products are generally located in remote and agriculturally rich area. The cost of electricity dominates the running cost of cold storage.
- Use of AARP for Cold Storages reduces the total electricity requirement substantially. A small DG set is adequate for auxiliary power needs of cold storage.
- The bio-mass and other agro-fuels available locally can be used to drive AARP for Cold Storages. The operating cost and maintenance cost of the cold storage is therefore very low.
- Use of AARP for cold storages allowsstoring wide range of products at different temperatures.
- Any other simultaneous refrigeration load such as Ice Plant or Milk Chilling can be met with the same AARP of cold storage.
- Cold Storages on Waste Heat Driven AARP have further lower costs of operation for similar applications.
- Cold Storages on Waste Heat Driven AARP work on low grade heat such as engine jacket water.
- Cold Storages on Waste Heat Driven AARP can also work on steam produced by waste heat recovery steam generator on engine exhaust gases.